Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Project: Frames

As some of you may know, my husband and I bought our first house a few months ago!  Of course as with any new home there is so much to do and it has definitely been keeping us busy!  I have been dying to share some photos regarding the house, but I have been holding off because I want to have a room that is 100% complete before I show it!  To date, there are a couple of rooms about 80%-90% done, but none all the way completed.  So, because I could not wait any longer and just had to show something...here is a peek at a little project I just finished for our bedroom and LOVE!


I am newly OBSESSED with painting frames!  I LOVE the look and have decided that our whole house is going to be packed with painted frames, David really has no say in the matter!  For this first set, I simply went to Goodwill and picked out about 6 frames for about $2 a piece.  Obviously for this project I did not use all of the frames, but trust me, I will find a spot for those other two!  Here's a look at my process:

I lightly sanded the frames before painting (and I really mean lightly, I've discovered that I strongly dislike sanding and I do not have the patience for it!).


Then I simply painted each frame with 1 to 2 coats, waited for them to dry, and inserted the pictures!


Hanging them was another story.  Instead of measuring, I like to estimate where to nail in the wall (not a great idea after you've just spent 2 days painting the room!).  So for the frame on the right, I ended up putting 3 holes in the wall before getting it in the spot I wanted...ooops!





No comments:

Post a Comment