Monday, April 30, 2012

Life in the Fast Lane

These past few weeks have felt like life in the fast lane.  There was so much going on and so little time in which to get everything done!  Last week I turned 25 and I'm not quite sure how I feel about that.  With how fast life flies by these days I feel like I am running out of time to accomplish everything that I want to!  When I look back on my previous years what sticks out most to me is the time that I wasted and the dreams that I let slip away.  When I was young I was a good gymnast with Olympic dreams, and then I quit gymnastics.  I took piano lessons for years, and then I stopped playing.  I had dreams of becoming an author, and then I stopped writing.  Am I a quitter?  My track record certainly seems to confirm that I am, or, just maybe, I can learn from my mistakes.  I can feel the regret of everything that I gave up on and never let myself give up again.  This is what being 25 means to me.  I have lived my life for 25 years and I have learned and I have grown.  I will not let another 25 years go by without fighting for my dreams!  I may feel like an old lady (who is usually in bed by 8:30) sometimes, but I have plenty of fight left in me to accomplish my dreams.  I am 25 and the best is yet to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment