Saturday, March 17, 2012

Just Because: Mandy


I had to start this post off with a picture, I just couldn't help it because I LOVE this shot!  Today I was fortunate to have a friend of mine, Mandy, agree to be my guinea pig as I attempted to put into practice all of the learning I have done regarding photography thus far!  I had a blast but, unfortunately, our time was cut short so we will be having a Part 2 hopefully within a few weeks!

I will be the first to admit that I did not have many great shots straight out of the camera...Picasa saved me on a few of these!  However, now I have a more specific list of things I need to research and practice.  One thing I know for sure is that I shot too early in the day.  We were originally planning on going a few hours before sunset (best light) but I was impatient and could NOT wait that long to get started!  So we headed out early and the light was incredibly harsh, lesson learned!  Also, all of these were shot in Manual Mode and I definitely need to continue experimenting and learning how to make a correct exposure, of course this is the task of every photographer.

And so, without further adue, please enjoy these images and feel free to leave feedback!  Mandy, thanks for being such a great sport and I cannot wait for Session 2!




 This, my friends, is how you do a hair flip!

No comments:

Post a Comment