Friday, March 23, 2012

Reading: Understanding Exposure

I am coming to learn that understanding exposure is quite a difficult task, but well worth the effort.  What you put into photography you will get out of it.  With all of the automatic features on DSLR cameras these days it is simple to take a great image, but I want to go further with my photography.  I want to create unique, clean and classic images based on my knowledge of how my camera works and how a good exposure is set.  I was able to test my knowledge of exposure in previous posts with my friend Mandy, and I am so grateful because along with getting to know my Canon better, I also learned a little about my shooting style and what I want that to be/not to be.  This all leads me to the book I have been reading this month: Understanding Exposure 3rd Edition by Bryan Peterson.  Knowing that I was about to have a shoot with Mandy, I wanted to be as prepared as possible so I began reading Understanding Exposure.  And I learned A LOT.  And there is still more reading to do!  Although I am not a pro yet, no where near it in fact, I definitely have a much better understanding of how shutter speed, aperture, and ISO work together to create a beautiful image. I would most definitely recommend this book to any beginning photographer.  It has helped me leaps and bounds already and I cannot wait to finish it and go out and practice some more!  (Unfortunately this week I have not been able to shoot much because I got poison ivy on my face :( from a mango!  But i'm on the way to recovery and plan to be out and shooting again very soon!!)






No comments:

Post a Comment