Monday, February 6, 2012

Goals: Healthy-ness

Weight loss seems to be at the top of a lot of lists when it comes to New Year's Resolutions.  Instead of setting a weight loss goal this year that I will fail to reach I am instead attempting to be healthier all around, i.e. eating more fruits and veggies, working out a few times a week.  This actually began for me at the end of last year when I bought a juicer and went on a juice diet for about three days (that's as long as I could make it!!) and loved it!  Since then I have made veggie juice a regular part of my diet along with more fruits.  I haven't eaten fast food in about a month and I think that may be my biggest accomplishment so far, it saves fat and money!  But out of this healthier eating kick I have development somewhat of an addiction...green tea!

For anyone who knows me this may be a surprise, i have never been a fan of tea, iced or hot.  After reading the benefits of green tea (and I'm not talking about the bottles in the store with 16 g of sugar!) I decided to give it a try and now it's a daily staple.  I try to have 3 to 5 cups a day.  Along with my healthier eating/drinking, I am all about excise these days!  For the past few weeks I have been taking 5 classes a week at my gym and have been feeling great, but some days it's not as easy to get off the couch and go do it.  All of this leads me to my delimma tonight...on Monday's I take two classes at my gym: strength training and spin.  I love both of these, but I am struggling to find motivation to go tonight.  Work was long, I got to bed late last night, and I'm sure I could come up with about 10 more excuses!  I figured if I blogged about it and threw it out there for the world to see I would be struck with motivation instead of excuses, so far there has been no stike.  All I want to do is jump into my sweats and sip on green tea!  I suppose only time will tell if the motivation hits...






No comments:

Post a Comment