Thursday, February 2, 2012

Goals: Reading

I am not a fan of New Year's Resolutions.  Whenever I have attempted to make a list of resolutions in the past, I never fail to quit by the time February rolls around and then all I have left is the feeling of failure.  Now, I am trying something new.  In December 2011, inspired by the photography blogs that I follow, I decided to write out a list of goals that I want to accomplish.  This list was not far off from a list of New Year's Resolutions, however, I was more specific and gave myself time frames when applicable.  Of course, I gave myself goals dealing with photography and this blog is a step toward accomplishing that goal!  Another goal I set was to read more.  More specifically I wanted to read at least one book a month.  I used to read ALL THE TIME as a child and young adult, and still have bookcases full of my favorite books, but as I got older and stepped into adulthood, reading was one thing that slipped out of my life.  Completely.  It is a sad but true fact.  I remember getting lost in books and staying awake all hours of the night just because I couldn't stop until I knew how the story ended!  Those days are sadly long gone for me.  But I want that back!  I want to get lost in a story or be excited to learn again.  And the fact of the matter is that I do have the time...I just watch WAY too much T.V.  Luckily for my reading habits, my husband and I decided to shut off our cable last month (we are saving up to buy a house!) so now I have one less excuse to not read. 

This all leads me to my January book, "Created to be His Help Meet" by Debi Pearl.


I have been married for almost 10 months now so I still consider myself a newlywed.  This book was given to me by a great friend and has thus far shed so much light on how I can be a better help meet to my husband.  I would recommend it to a woman in any stage of her marriage.  This book is humbling and inspiring.  I already have found so many areas where I can take initiative to become the wife that God intended for me to be.  And since this is a photography blog...enjoy some images!!








I had to show my bookmark!  A photo from our wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment